Re: APULUG meeting & Free old hardware!

Subject: Re: APULUG meeting & Free old hardware!
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 17:30:02 AKST

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, twistedhammer wrote:
[snip real message]
> Oh, and Josh (Burroughs) did you still want to inherit that
> HP-UX box without the drives, which I got from Arthur? I'm
> not throwing it away or anything, but it's big and I'm not
> shipping it down with me... so it needs a good home.

BTW, if anyone's interested in the HP-UX machines, I've got a 715/100 that
I'd like to find a new home for. I'll toss a fresh Debian-PARISC on it,
even! It's got 128mb, a 1G or 2G drive (or two - I forget now), plus
CD-ROM. Has the HIL keyboard adapter, so a standard PS/2 keyboard and
mouse work, plus the AUI-10bT adapter for the NIC. One EISA slot, but EISA
isn't supported quite yet under linux. If desired, though, I'll toss in a
3c597 EISA 10/100 NIC. Video is 3bnc for a UNIX sync-on-green monitor; if
I can get another machine to talk to my Sony then I'll also have the 19"
HP monitor that matches it...

Someone make me an offer - I need room in the rack <g>...