Re: Setting up User homepages

Subject: Re: Setting up User homepages
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 16:09:48 AKST

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Mike Barsalou wrote:

> If I want to setup user homepages on my web server, where should I go
> to get good info.

I've always just looked at the manual bundled with the release. It may be
in http://your.server.name/manual/ or somewhere in /usr/doc/apache*. If
all else fails, the main docs at www.apache.org would work.

> I haven't been able to find a howto that fits my needs yet....probably
> searching for the wrong thing...anyone want to give me a push in the right
> direction?

I'd check in the apache manual, but I think all it really requires is that
the user directories have read and/or execute permissions (/home/user only
needs x, but /home/user/public_html needs rx) for the apache user, and
make sure that httpd.conf has the stuff dealing with users uncommented.

Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax