Re: FW: need info on accounting software and email software (fwd)

Subject: Re: FW: need info on accounting software and email software (fwd)
From: civileme (civileme@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed Jan 02 2002 - 16:39:48 AKST

On Wednesday 02 January 2002 12:57 pm, W.D.McKinney wrote:
> Nice to know even the folks at Cisco are waking up :-)
> (originally fowarded this from my business e-mail address which is not
> sunscribed)

Mandrake 8.1 Prosuite has a number of Demos, including provenCHOICE, a
multiple user accounting software down to Kapital (a Quicken like softweare )
from the Kompany. The Demos are all full software needing only an unlock
string to achieve full functionality. Gnucash is there too.

For Email, Kmail is finally nicely stable and has easy setup and pretty good
filtering asd well as several different looks, some customizable. Evolution
is coming along, and Aethera has a nice settup wizard then segfaults. The
latest evolution should be nice. Naturally there is also elm, mutt, spruce,
balsa, and Mahogany. Pine has a license problem and is not free software,
but many do use it. Mozilla seems to have very nice mail services these days
also.

Civileme