RE: request time out with one site

Subject: RE: request time out with one site
From: W.D.McKinney (deem@wdm.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 11:27:24 AKST

Good point John. There are a number of reasons this could be happening
including browser issues. http://www.bp.com shows up ASAP on my ACS xDSL
connection using Communicator, as does http://www.wellsfargo.com .

So, as everyone on the ACS side for DSL routes through the same
route tables, it is safe to say they are passing packets OK.

I really don't think it's a network issue if other users are not
experiencing any similiar problems.

/Dee

<jblagg@dataflowalaska.com> wrote:

> Greg,
>
> Have you considered that there may be blocking on the other end?
> DSL aggregators are known as the source of DDOS attacks (lots of
> unprotected MS boxen, plenty bandwidth) and the targets of those DDOS
> may have blocked entire networks at one time, and forgotten to take them
> down. (happens more than you think, six or seven folks configing the AC
> list on a major router, somethings are bound to get lost)
>
> Yours,
> John B.

<Snipped for good measure>