Re: Setting up mail server

Subject: Re: Setting up mail server
fsgkme@newsguy.com
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 09:01:21 AKST

>That was probably longer than it needed to be. Oh well...

Excellent explanation. For a beginner like myself it's nice to see the details
of some of the commands in use.

Here's my question. I've been trying to setup sendmail to work on my system
with no luck. I have a user setup on the system named greg. Then I try sending
an email to both greg@techalaska.com and root@techalaska.com with the
following replies.

greg@techalaska.com

... while talking to mail.techalaska.com.:
<<< 550 5.7.1 <greg@techalaska.com>... Relaying denied
550 greg@techalaska.com... User unknown

root@techalaska.com

... while talking to mail.techalaska.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<root@techalaska.com>
<<< 550 5.7.1 <root@techalaska.com>... Relaying denied
550 root@techalaska.com... User unknown

The sendmail setup is the default that comes with redhat 7.2. Is there
anything I need to change in the config files for sendmail?

thanks,
Greg