Setting up mail server

Subject: Setting up mail server
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 23:34:36 AKST

Heya all. Hopefully someone out there can get my pointed in the right
direction here. I have a webserver set up and running with a cable
modem from GCI and a static ip linked to the server. I have
www.enderakonline.com registered and the dns set up and all that happy
stuff. I was wanting to set up an e-mail server such that I would be
able to set up my own e-mail accounts like enderak@enderakonline.com,
admin@enderakonline.com, and whatnot.

My question is: what do I need to do to set this up? Both on the
software side - what do I need to be running, and I think there might be
something I need to set up with my isp to get email directed through to
my server.

Thanks,
Justin Dieters
enderak@yahoo.com