Re: RH 7.2 garbage or just bad install?

Subject: Re: RH 7.2 garbage or just bad install?
From: Anthony Valentine (amv@akvalentine.com)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2001 - 02:20:37 AKST

Look in the /etc/sysconfig/network file and make sure that your hostname
and domain are listed.

Mine looks like this:

HOSTNAME=mars.akvalentine.com
DOMAIN=akvalentine.com

From you post, I assume that you have the proper entries in /etc/hosts
for your hostname. If not, then make sure that you add them.

Also, if your machine should have a static IP, make sure that you aren't
getting it assigned via DHCP. A quick & easy way to set up your network
config in RedHat is to use /usr/sbin/netconfig.

If your IP is supposed to be dynamic, then make sure your DHCP server is
set up properly. You machine can be getting it's hostname from the DHCP
server, so this is something to look out for.

That's all that I can think of at the moment. I hope it helps.

Anthony