RH 7.2 garbage or just bad install?

Subject: RH 7.2 garbage or just bad install?
From: FeLoNiouS_MoNK (codered@gci.net)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2001 - 14:21:47 AKST

Ok peeps.. im having trouble wit my RH7.2 upgrade i did a couple of days
ago from 7.1 (i know, i know, i hear all the murmerings "its garbage"
but i need this test machine) Anywayz .. i am sittin behind a router and
when i did the upgrade instead of getting my domain as localhost .. i
get DHCPPC1 ... so basically my shell looks like this [root@dhcppc1
init.d]# ... if it was just cosmetic i can change that .. but i want it
localhost like it was before cause when i boot up i see at the lpd an
error message sumthin like bad hostname .. and it jams up for a few
minutes.... but thats not even teh worse part .. when i boot into my
Xwindows (GNoME) it gives me an error saying it cant resolve dhcppc1 and
that gnome wont work correctly. But X does work good .. for a while..
then ill notice that ill drop offline all together.. and need to reboot
to reconnect ... and this happens every several hours.. almost like
somthings timeing out.. im clueless on this, can anyone explain to me
how to fix this..? .. . oh yea.. its has nothing to do wit /etc/HOSTS
thanx in advance-
                                                FeLoNiouS_MoNKiouS
-------------------My other computer is YOUR windows