Re: Determining Ethernet Link Status

Subject: Re: Determining Ethernet Link Status
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 11:55:11 AKST

Arrrrgh...

As usual, just after I fire off an email I find the answer...

mii-tool does indeed provide the link status information on RH 6.2. It
appears that it just wasn't happy being compiled on 6.2, or at least on
my system. I grabbed:

ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/support/flory/mii-tool-static and
ftp://ftp.valinux.com/pub/support/flory/mii-diag-static

and all is happy now:

[root@stud mtibor]# mii-tool eth0
eth0: no autonegotiation, 10baseT-HD, link ok

[root@stud root]# mii-diag eth0
Basic registers of MII PHY #24: 3100 786d 2000 5c01 01e1 0021 0000 0000.
 Basic mode control register 0x3100: Auto-negotiation enabled.
 You have link beat, and everything is working OK.
 Your link partner is generating 10baseT link beat (no autonegotiation).

Mike