Re: Launching an X window as root

Subject: Re: Launching an X window as root
From: James Gibson (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Sun Dec 16 2001 - 16:43:30 AKST

you will want to run "xhost +local:" as the user who started the
Xserver... this sets the authorization setting to allow all local
connections (versus, say, TCP/IP connections)... if you JUST want
root on this machine to be able to do this (perhaps you are on a
multi-user machine) it would be "xhost +local:root"

James Gibson