Re: Here is how I got started with Ximian

Subject: Re: Here is how I got started with Ximian
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 13:37:37 AKST

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 08:20, Michael Barsalou (Evolution) wrote:

> I do have a pretty good connection, so for those of you still using
> modems, this might not work out so well.
>

> http://www.ximian.com/download/instructions.html?distribution=gognome

I finally decided to give this a try after reading the raves :-) The
'apt-get install' method didn't work, but the direct install via lynx
worked like a charm. The Evolution client even works with the state LDAP
server, which is quite the surprise...

My only source of irritation so far has been the flickering crap when
minimizing a window. Searching the Ximian help database doesn't seem to
mention it - anyone know how to turn this off?