Re: kernel compilation problems

Subject: Re: kernel compilation problems
From: Jim Gribbin (jewelrysupplier@gci.net)
Date: Fri Dec 07 2001 - 16:17:57 AKST

I don't believe so, but I'm not entirly shure. I was kind of under the
impresion that it was using the information from the configs
subdirectory (/usr/src/linux/configs/) which was put there when I
unpacked the kernel source.

At any rate, my first attempt was using 'xconfig' after having installed
the first patch I wanted to experament with. I got the same results. I
then deleted that source tree, unpacked the original source again, and
attempted just to get a compleatly stock kernel working first.

Jim