Re: hostname changing

Subject: Re: hostname changing
From: Mike Baker (mikelbaker@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 10:28:46 AKST

 So I guess I shouldn't worry. Thanks for the help.

Mike
  The Alaskan Bear <akbear@akbearsden.com> wrote:
GCI does not support Reverse DNS so your hostname will be whatever
they assign you. They will do reverse DNS on special occassions,
usually for a business but for non-business accounts, you are unlikely
to be able to get it, and the
cable-xxx-x-xxx-xx.anchorageak.net or fairbanksak.net or whatever the
city you are in, is a standard hostname. You can still use your
registered domain name ie: akbearsden.com and have it pointed to
your IP if you have a static IP.

Ted Montgomery
The Alaskan Bear's Den
akbear@akbearsden.com