Re: international dial-up

Subject: Re: international dial-up
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2001 - 12:10:51 AKST

Chris Hamilton wrote:

> Sorry, not a linux question...
>
> Anyone know of a good/affordable way to dial in to the internet while in
> France (Paris). I've seen a couple of companies on the web that offer
> temporary dial-up accounts for visitors, but I am still waiting for word
> back from them. Figured I would ask here to see if anyone had any successful
> experiences or recommendations. Unfortunately, using an internet cafe won't
> cut it... unless they let me hook up to their lan.
>
> Thanks.

ATT Worldnet has over 2000 pop's around the world. It used to be IBM's
service, I have a 3 hour account for $4.95. It works well on the west
coast. I think it has a pop in Paris. It was a good service when IBM
had it, I haven't used it much since the switch.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.