Re: Installing RH Linux on HP xh555 Laptop

Subject: Re: Installing RH Linux on HP xh555 Laptop
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 10:02:27 AKST

> PS. Justin Dieters has the same laptop. He was nice enough to send
> me his XF86Config file. Tried this but I get an error about something
> missing in the Files Section.
> I think he is using Mandrake, did not think this would make a difference
> but maybe it does.

It's a different model, but it has the same video card and screen as
his. I have successfully gotten Mandrake 8.1 and SuSE 7.3 to work, but
I have not tried Redhat on this computer... SuSE automatically sets
everything up correctly, and Mandrake requires only minor workarounds...
None of which seem to help his problems at all, although his symtoms
seem to be close to the same as the problems I was having with Mandrake.

Justin
enderak@yahoo.com