Re: ext3 question

Subject: Re: ext3 question
From: Mike Mellor (mmellor1@engineer.com)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 13:43:27 AKST

Justin -

I was having trouble booting (couldn't get past the fsck). I finally got my system up again by booting until the file system
check, then logged in, ran e2fsck -py /dev/hdb1 (accepting that running
e2fsck on a mounted system can lead to cancer, etc.) then ran tune2fs -i 0 -c 0, exited and rebooted. It ran through a file scan and then
actually let me back in, so I'm back in business.

Hope this helps.

Mike

--

_______________________________________________ Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Mail.com http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup