ext3 question

Subject: ext3 question
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 11:08:01 AKST

I'm hoping maybe someone here can answer this for me:

About a week or two ago I formatted and switched my linux partitions
from ext2 to ext3, and today I had to do a hard reboot. When booting
up, hda5 ( /boot ) and hda7 ( /home ) both said "Recovering journal" or
something to that effect and the boot continued after about 2 seconds.
 hda6 ( / ) went straight into the fschk routine that we all know and
love. I double checked, and all the partitions are set as ext3. My
question is, does anyone know why this might happen? I made the switch
to ext3 to escape from fschk! :)

Thanks in advance,
Justin