Re: Win2k & Linux

Subject: Re: Win2k & Linux
From: Mac Mason (macmasta@ak.net)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 18:44:12 AKST

Now, I don't know about what kernel was released w/Mandrake 8.1 (btw,
Mandrake is a fantastic distro, and a great place to start) but after
kernel 2.4.10 (and, in fact, 2.4.8) Win2k NTFS read support is
available.
I don't know if a kernel recompile is within the scope of the install,
but I can mount hda (my win2k, at least for one more week) and read it
as root. (And do, oftentimes: most of my mp3s are there)
(And yes I know I should be using .ogg)

Once again, that's a kernel thing, not a Mandrake thing.

~Mac~