Win2k & Linux

Subject: Win2k & Linux
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 09:48:14 AKST

I thought he might get some more replies if his message went out on the
main list. Can anyone give him a hand?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: "Ron Regester" <RRegester@gci.net> To: <info@aklug.org> Subject: Win2k & Linux Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:00:50 -0900

Hello I was wondering if you could give me some advice. I have a Compaq computer with a 20GB hard drive. My current Os is Windows 2000 Pro. I would like to create a dual boot system with my current OS, and Linux Mandrake. I am only finding limited info on the net. I have never used Linux before. I am looking to create a study environment at home to learn Linux. Any information you could provide would be appreciated. THANKS!!

Ron Regester