Re: Java Text Editor

Subject: Re: Java Text Editor
From: Chris (clear@bigpond.net.au)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 00:51:59 AKST

EnderAK wrote:

> Hello all. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a simple
> text editor that does keyword/comment/etc highlighting similar to
> KWrite. Currently I'm using KWrite, but i don't like it very well. I
> am looking for Java specifically, but if it also does other languages
> (C++, HTML, etc) that is always a plus. Just a simple text editor is
> all I need, but if it also has other IDE type components such as
> autocompletion, that's good too. Basically, something that works better
> than KWrite, but isn't as complex as Forte. Any recommendations would
> be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ender
> enderak@yahoo.com

You could try "vim" for a CLI kinda person or "kvim" for the CLI
challenged. A simple search on google will point you in the write
direction...

--

Chris

~\\clear@bigpond.net.au//~ < ~\\//~ https://changing.dyndns.org IseekU 2579.7959222^2 658D73(hex)

"One World, one Web, one Program" - Microsoft promotional ad "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler