Re: Linux vservers

Subject: Re: Linux vservers
twistedhammer@subdimension.com
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 23:00:05 AKST

They mostly are pointing at BSD's jail() command, which the FAQ
for the vserver patch actually talks about... it is admittededly very
similar, but the vserver is a bit more flexible, being mutliple calls
not just one, and offers some managability that doesn't exist with
the jail method... besides, old technology or no, its a good addition
to the linux toolbox.

The other open-source tech that is mentioned is FreeVSD
(www.freevsd.org), which, as far as I can tell does a similar thing,
but requires non-standard binaries to make use of their setup.. the
vserver setup is cleaner, as far as I can see..

There is also apparently a close-sourced linux solution that does
this called Ensim..

Anyway, I this this is dang spiffy...

James Gibson