Re: X graphics programming

Subject: Re: X graphics programming
From: Greg Jetter (greg@lazymountain.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 18:25:03 AKST

On Sunday 04 November 2001 02:54 pm, bryan@ak.net wrote:
> What's the quickest and easiest way to write a program to put
> arbitrary graphics up in an X window? I've written a few programs
> in dos, and at least one with svgalib, that just use a few function
> calls to put graphics on the screen. X is different, though.
> Is there something (almost) as easy?
>
> --
> Bryan Medsker
> bryan@ak.net

the simple way is to use one of the GUI tool kits , you can use TK with TCL
, Perl , Python and a few others to create a graphical X interface. If you
program in C try gtk or x formes , hell there are many more , the one you
pick depends on what language your going to program in and how protable it
have to be.

Greg