Re: Modem configuration

Subject: Re: Modem configuration
From: Mike Tibor (tibor@lib.uaa.alaska.edu)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2001 - 18:54:50 AKST

On Sun, 4 Nov 2001, JOHN MUELLER wrote:

> Dear AKLUG, (DA)
> I am compiling all the information possible on how to configure my
> modem so that if I crash I will be able to reconfigure. Please inform
> me of ANY AND ALL commands, tips and tricks to configure modems and I
> will eventually get them up and running.
> Thanks !!
> John Mueller asjwm2@uaa.alaska.edu

To be perfectly frank, this is no different than asking "Tell me how to
configure my modem!!", when there is copious documentation at your
fingertips from many sources other than this list. It would be much
better if you asked "What are some good places where I can find commands,
tips, tricks, etc. related to modem configuration."

On that note, you should take a look at the web site for whatever
distribution you have. For example, if you're running Red Hat you should
look at the support section that Red Hat maintains (and it wouldn't be a
bad spot to visit even if you're running another distro). It has good
configuration info on PPP, serial ports, etc. Doing web searches on
phrases like "linux modem configuration" would also be good.

Mike

--
Mike Tibor         Univ. of Alaska Anchorage    (907) 786-1001 voice
Network Technician     Consortium Library         (907) 786-6050 fax