Re: Kernel patch

Subject: Re: Kernel patch
From: Greg Madden (pabi@gci.net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 14:53:00 AKDT

Greg Madden wrote:

> I am trying to patch kernel source with ac patches. There are 12
> patches for the 2.4.10 source. Do later patches contain previous patches
> or do you need to apply all of them. I can apply variuos individual
> patches okay,(to clean source) but trying to apply a consecutive patch
> fails.
>
> TIA
> --
> Greg Madden

Success, thanks everyone. The ac patches have support for ext3 fs. A
snip from the kernel doc:

"Other than adding the journal to the file system, the on-disk format
of ext3 is identical to ext2. It is possible to freely switch
between using the ext3 driver and the ext2 driver, as long as the
file system has been cleanly unmounted, or e2fsck is run on the file
system."

I did't want to move data around to use a different fs, took the easy
way.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.