[aklug] Keyboards free and for $

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Mon Sep 25 16:49:36 AKDT 2017

* Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> [170925 16:44]:
> I live in Palmer. Don't get to Anchorage often, but will hold the
> following.
>
> 3 compact "80%" keyboards with small keys, dedicated function keys, no
> keypad, 2 USB, 1 PS2. All are black and about 10" by 5.5" they were
> all bought from cyberguys. All are fully functional, but there's a
> lot of keys with worn lettering and taped over. They are all
> rubber-dome key construction.
>
> Those three are free for the taking.
>
> I also have a Matias Mini Tactile Pro for which I paid 119.50 two
> years ago and will part with for $35. It comes with 2 short and 2
> long detachable cables, a full set of replacement keys, a key puller
> and an extra top frame. It is no longer under warrantee.
>
> Key switches are proprietory, I guess, but are similar to cherry
> blue keys.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FW7FHFE/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>
> Oh, and as a bonus, we have also have apples from our yard and they
> too are free ...
  Should add the following:
  The Matias is designed for the Mac OS and has a whole lot of
  dedicated OS X functionality with fn+key combinations. I have used it
  on a Mac Mini for which I have a dual-boot Ubuntu 14.04. I
  primarily use that computer with linux and much of the fn-key
  combinations aren't read the same way in Linux. There's
  essentially an embedded keypad with fn when booted in linux.

--
Tim