[aklug] Re: Radio antenna help

From: Jim Gribbin <jimgribbin@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Dec 07 2016 - 18:02:14 AKST

SMA is subminiature version A - a connector
HT is a series identifier for SMA connectors, I'm not sure it stands for
anything

There are some interesting YouTube videos on using the Rasberry Pi for
radio reception & transmission...even satellite

I ran across this one having to do with setting up an Outenet ground
station for supplying internet to schools in 3rd world areas. I had
forwarded it to Jim Wadell because it sounds it fits with some of the stuff
he's been working on since he retired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24HBmRKHULs

Jim Gribbin