[aklug] SFTP and ACLs

From: Christopher Howard <ch.howard@zoho.com>
Date: Tue Nov 15 2016 - 19:38:59 AKST

Hi list. In short, I want to be able to edit POSIX ACLs over SFTP. It
seems that this is not possible using the openssh-server and
openssh-client in Debian Jessie, but I am admittedly uncertain about
this. I believe SFTPv4 and v5 have support for an ACL field, but I did
not find anything in the ftp manual pages about this... I think Jessie
sftp only is SFTPv3 — but again not quite clear on this.

Does anybody have any insight into this. Is there a more modern version
of openssh which supports this? Or some other sftp client/server
alternative?

--
https://qlfiles.net
My PGP public key ID is 0x340EA95A (pgp.mit.edu).