[aklug] Re: greetings

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Tue Jul 26 2016 - 07:53:02 AKDT

* Christopher Howard <ch.howard@zoho.com> [160725 18:41]:
> Isn't an Arch user basically just a Gentoo user in diapers? ;)
>
> Funny forum post of an Arch wiki admin trying to convince someone to use
> Debian on his production servers:
>
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1353010
>
> I use Debian stable on all my systems at present, though I really want
> to try NixOS on my next install.
  In 2007, after using Slackware since 1996, I decided to install
  Debian on my new Gateway. After a very frustrating week, I stuck
  in an ubuntu installer and in an hour I was up and running.

  At the time, I was writing code for a living and the time I was
  spending trying to make Debian work was cutting into my income.

  The word "on the street" at the time was that Debian was overly
  picky when it came to hardware. Oh boy, was it ever on my machine!

  When the snow flies, I just might give some kind of debian a try again.
  But not on my proprietary-hardware Mac...

  cheers

--
Tim