[aklug] Re: greetings

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Mon Jul 25 2016 - 14:22:30 AKDT

* Shasten Marshall <shastenm@gmail.com> [160725 13:11]:
> Yeah, if you wanna hunt down PPA's all day to get your system up and
> running, be my guest. Besides, Ubuntu is really screwed up how it is
> wrapped around the systemd concept, and it tends to crash almost daily.
  I'm sorry that you had such problems. I never had ubuntu 14.04 or
  12.04 crash on my Mac Mini install. Nor have I seen anything like
  that on our netbooks or my wife's desktop tower.

  Older versions did crash, on rare occasions. Of course I used
  Slack before ubuntu. And Redhat back in the 90's.

  And, I always stick with LTS...

> Especially 16.04, smh, I can't believe they released that Alpha version of
> an OS. With Arch, everything is in the AUR, and it is 100 times as stable
> as Ubuntu. With Debian is good, but their packages are outdated, and so
> you aren't getting the latest of anything, and that non-free garbage got
> old fast. I might get to know it someday just to say that I know it, but I
> don't much like it either.
  I'd recommend you stick with what works for you, then, and don't
  get too worked up about what doesn't work for you. Such drama can
  give one high blood pressure.

  Other folks have had different experiences.

--
Tim