[aklug] greetings

From: Robert Halverson <rahalver@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Jul 23 2016 - 15:47:34 AKDT

Hello AKLUG,I am new to the system.I came to the meeting on Northern Lights yesterday.  Including me there was one person in attendance.  We came from Taiwan, and are visiting my parents now in Anchorage.Questions:I am looking for an iso for a netbook that already has xp on it.  I am trying to avoid systemd, and like xubuntu 14.04.  I have version 4 on a flashdrive but it does not seem to work, so maybe version 1 (14.04.1?) would be good enough to get started.  I will get a usb flash drive if someone can help me put an iso on it.I am also looking for a used laptop.  It can really be just about anything.  I will probably put 14.04 on it, and try Devuan.My email is rahalver@yahoo.comPhone is 847-246-2542.Thank you,Rob Halverson