[aklug] Mount on demand encrypted file system?

From: Christopher Howard <ch.howard@zoho.com>
Date: Sun Apr 10 2016 - 07:58:06 AKDT

Has anybody heard of any free software system that allows a encrypted
volume to be mounted/unlocked upon remote access and authentication?
I.e., so you wouldn't need to keep the key on the storage system. In
principle this seems quite doable through a combination of backend
system programming and PAM. I was considering building my own NAS and it
would be nice to be able to encrypt the data without having the key
stored on the NAS itself (which rather defeats the purpose).

--
http://justonemoremathproblem.com
To protect my privacy, please use PGP encryption. It's free and easy