[aklug] Re: Need a little nudge in the right direction...

From: JP <jp@jptechnical.com>
Date: Thu Jan 21 2016 - 22:36:35 AKST

In the end I spent the time to setup samba4 on a ubuntu server, and tested
a couple of other appliances. The ubuntu server seemed to be the simplest
by far, even if more setup time is needed. But all that is required is
static IP, hostnames and a handful of packages with no modification other
than initial config. I have been putting it through it's paces here, but so
far so good.

Given some more testing time I will probably go that route, particularly
since Samba4 is what Amazon is using for their SimpleDirectory service
nearest I can tell.

Thanks for the input everyone!