[aklug] Re: 2nd opinions please: Yext listing services

From: JP <jp@jptechnical.com>
Date: Fri Nov 20 2015 - 15:29:57 AKST

IMO paid submissions or placement should come after deliberately written
content and an otherwise search optimized website. If you do not write
frequent posts/articles with specific intent to target your search terms,
then paying for a search system is probably a waste of time. Content is
king... write good articles and posts, and a lot of them (weekly) and you
will soar in the organic rankings.

People are smarter than ad firms give them credit for... when is the last
time you clicked a link on the right column in a google search... few
people do because they KNOW it is a paid-for ad; and particularly in Alaska
if it doesn't have a 907 then it ain't gonna get clicked.

Spend the dough on a good SEO plugin installation and config/training (if
you use wordpress). Or, learn how to use fiverr or the like to get some
content written for you if you are lazy sometimes, like me ;-)

p.s. Friends don't let friends pay the Berry Co for web stuff.

     ___ _______
    | | |
    | | _ |
    | | |_| |