[aklug] Re: Guest internet devices

From: Damien Hull <dhull@section9.us>
Date: Fri Nov 20 2015 - 08:27:14 AKST

Take a look at Meraki. They've got firewalls and Wi-Fi access points.
Everything is cloud managed. We've got 3 firewalls installed and I'm about
to install 2 more. We're also getting a couple of Wi-Fi access points.

Features I like
1. Cloud managed - we have remote locations and I don't have to be onsite
to make a change
2. Security - does some traffic analysis and prevents users from
downloading or going to places they shouldn't
3. Traffic shaping - in one location I marked a subnet as low priority.
There's more but I haven't used them yet.

That's the basics. You do need some networking know how but not a lot.
Awesome product. That's my 2 cents.