[aklug] Re: Postconf review

From: Royce Williams <royce@tycho.org>
Date: Tue Sep 22 2015 - 20:17:03 AKDT

I can't really speak to the Postfix config, but I can clarify the DNS
a bit more.

As Kevin noted, your current PTR record for 74.220.215.66 is
host266.hostmonster.com. If it's easy to change (or have Hostmonster
change) your PTR to be mail.tj49.com, that would work well.

But if your current PTR record can't be changed, you can change your
MX record instead, so that it points to host266.hostmonster.com
directly.

Both methods bring forward and reverse DNS into alignment. Ideally
(and even aesthetically :) ), having that hostname reflect the
expected mail flows' domain would be better -- but not strictly
required.

Royce