[aklug] Re: Feasibility of Business Concept

From: Jeremy Austin <jhaustin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 03 2015 - 09:19:11 AKDT

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 9:01 AM, WestonandSuzy Howard <
westonandsuzyhoward@gmail.com> wrote:

> -Libraries and schools often sell computers in a lot by the pallet. In
> fact there is an open bid for FNSB right now. If you got 50+ computers dirt
> cheap, then you may be able to turn a buck on them.
>
> As a caution here, once you start running a business it is important to
pay attention to recycling laws (if any) where you operate. There's a
reason schools need to get rid of old machines — it's probably cheaper to
pay someone to take them off their hands rather than pay recycling fees.

And I second Royce's opinions about shipping. Trying to do any sort of
remanufacturing or shipping to/from Alaska is horrendous. If you don't have
a premium/niche product, you're certainly going to be undercut by someone
more geographically advantaged.

jermudgeon