[aklug] Addios Adobe. Hello Master PDF Editor!

From: WestonandSuzy Howard <westonandsuzyhoward@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 13 2015 - 07:13:00 AKDT

 If you are like me, you probably use Linux at your place of employment.
 If you are also like me, you probably are well aware of the fact that
Adobe stopped supporting Linux. Now they have even pulled Adobe for
Linux off of their website. Sure, you can still get it in the
repository, but that will end in time eventually. Or it will become so
outdated that you just can't use it anymore.
 My work requires that I fill out numerous government forms that are
created in Adobe. We all have our favorite viewers, but this doesn't
help us when we need to edit the form itself. Until now. Perhaps you
are all already aware, but I recently stumbled across "Master PDF
Editor", an editor that is available on Linux, Windows, and Macintosh
that can actually edit PDF's created in Adobe.
 While I feel it is a poor viewer for PDF's, and I use others for that
purpose, it has worked great for editing the government forms that I
need to fill out, and I've had no complaints from windows users who
view my forms electronically via Adobe Reader, nor any problems with
the printed page. At least not yet.
 A quick web search revealed it was available for download free of
charge from several sources, and was available as source, rpm, or deb
packages. I got it here: http://code-industry.net/get.pdfeditor.php

 Note: it does say that you can download and use it for free, but you
need to pay for non-watermarked prints. However, I print with it and
view it and there are no watermarks, so I don't think they got that
part working in Linux.

 Just thought I'd pass this along to any other frustrated Linux users
who have to routinely edit PDF forms.

-Weston