[aklug] Re: messing with Sendmail

From: Mike <alaskabarsalou@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jan 07 2015 - 23:49:01 AKST

In the case of port 587 it uses TLS, so connection to the server
first, then encryption starts.

Here is some info:

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/starttls.html
http://www.checktls.com/testreceiver.html

Hope that is what you are looking for.

I don't want to start a flame war, but I don't think postfix is any easier.

But I've been using sendmail for quite a while, so I do have a bias.

Mike B.