[aklug] Re: Introduction...

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Tue Nov 11 2014 - 16:54:17 AKST

* Royce Williams <royce@tycho.org> [141111 07:36]:

> > > CD? Fancy. I downloaded the floppy images over my modem. :)
> > <blush>I bow before thee</blush>
>
> And to establish the path taken by the spread of the infection ...
> Bryan's the one who told me about Slackware, and where to download the
> floppy images, right around that time. :-) I gave it a brief whirl at
> the time, but didn't actually do a permanent install until late 2000.
> (Permanent defined as "regularly used, and regularly upgraded and/or
> replaced").
  I recall being at Mat-Su College (community college near Palmer
  AK) and receiving the entire printout of minix -- I believe that
  was the year of '93-'94.

  Shortly after I recall a geeky dude at the college VAX console
  with fingers flying and downloading floppy images while others
  watched in awe...

  good times, good times

--
Tim