[aklug] Re: Introduction...

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer@gci.com>
Date: Tue Nov 11 2014 - 08:35:38 AKST

I played with The Original HJ Lu boot/root disk pairs, until his small-base-system
came out, at which point I installed that onto a few of the 386/sx-16's that UAA
had in their training lab, in a hidden dual-boot manner. No x-windows yet tho.

I was then an alpha tester for Yggdrasil, and also played around with MCC,
so I ended up upgrading those lab machines so they could have x-windows.
And then I started telling close friends in CaTS about it.

if only distcc had existed back then!

Ahhh.. linux in 1991-93 was a far cry from what we have today.

Anybody else remember the a.out -> elf migration? hoo, that was a pain.