[aklug] Re: DynDNS no longer free

From: Greg Schmitz <greg@amipa.org>
Date: Tue Apr 08 2014 - 00:18:22 AKDT

On 04/07/2014 10:55 PM, Mike wrote:
> Thanks Lee.
>
> I'll give No-ip a try.
>
> I'm done with dyndns.
>
> Mike B.
>

> Quoting Lee Brumbaugh <lbrumbaugh@gmail.com>:
>
>> Not sure if this is still valid, but you could try it if you really
>> wanted
>> to stay with DynDNS
>> http://boomshadow.net/tech/how-to-still-get-a-free-dyndns-account/
>>
>> I pulled that from here which they talk about another free DNS sites as
>> well http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/39185-42-dyndns-free-alternative
>>
>> *Lee Brumbaugh*
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 3:09 PM, JP <jp@jptechnical.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Nuts. No grandfathering in?

>>> --
>>>
>>> _____ _____
>>> /\___ \/\ __`\
>>> \/__/\ \ \ \_\ \
>>> _\ \ \ \ ,__/
>>>
>>> 907-748-2200JP Technical
>>> <http://www.jptechnical.com/>helpdesk@jptechnical.com

Am I missing something? I run Linux and other things to do things
locally and frankly don't give two shits about what happens in outer
space. Should I shed a tear about DynDNS? I've been on this list for
about a year and really like everybody here - but there seems to be a
bent towards network shit that I could live without. Just say'n. ;)