[aklug] Re: Dual-boot for Mac any experiences

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave+lists.aklug@caterva.org>
Date: Thu Mar 20 2014 - 16:47:30 AKDT

* Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com> [2014-03-20 14:13 -0500]:
>I've got a 2011 mac-mini with 8 Gb RAM. I've got a lot of linux-type
>tools on it like mutt, fetchmail, postfix, procmail, mc, vim etc.
>
> [snips]
>
>... it looks like it shouldn't be any more complicated that installing a
>dual-boot on a PC.
>
>I've already installed rEFIt. (boot manager)
>
>Does anyone have any experiences to share or caveats, or any "heads
>up"?

I didn't have any problems dual-booting my Macbook Pro either with
Debian or Windows. The real problem came when trying to triple boot it.
Regardless, below is the post I did to remind myself of the various
tweaks I encountered while performing the initial dual boot.

http://caterva.org/posts/2011/10/07/Debian_on_Macbook_Pro_5.2/

With rEFIt the overall experience was pretty easy.

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]