[aklug] Re: UNDELETE

From: JP <jp@jptechnical.com>
Date: Tue Mar 04 2014 - 22:27:48 AKST

After you confirm you have a good image, you can probably get it all back
with photorec, but you will end up with a mess of files in numeric order in
folders according to filetype. Just giving you a heads up in case you grab
that as the first try tool. Again, as was mentioned, once you have a good
image then use your tools on the image. Make a couple if you are worried
about screwing it up and you have space/time to do it.

Above all... do not write ANYTHING to the drive. If it is the boot drive or
a scratch drive or anything, you better unmount it. Most file systems work
in a last deleted first overwritten kind of scheme, overly simplified of
course.

Good luck!

907-748-2200JP Technical <http://www.jptechnical.com/>helpdesk@jptechnical.com