[aklug] grub-init-tune

From: John Heim <john@johnheim.com>
Date: Wed Feb 19 2014 - 07:47:11 AKST

Hi,

I'm new here so I thought I'd pass along a script I wrote to make it
easier to write grub init tunes. You can have grub play a tune when the
grub menu appears. If you are blind like I am, this allows you to know
that it's time to press the down arrow if you want to select a different
kernel. I have different machines play different tunes so that if I am
rebooting more than one at a time, I know which one is which. It's
probably just a novelty for sighted people.

Here's a link to the documentation and download for the script:

http://www.iavit.org/~john/debian/grub.html

===
John Heim, john@johnheim.net