[aklug] Re: Free software switching and routing

From: Robert Crowe <crowe.robert@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 06 2014 - 20:11:26 AKST

Openwrt

https://openwrt.org/

They have an extensive list of supported hardware - don't see any of the big
name players like Cisco, Juniper, or Dells Force 10 however...

If you can provision a Cisco 2960, then you'd feel right at home with the
commandline on Openwrt. A classmate setup a Linksys with Attitude Adjustment
using the commandline - it was pretty smooth.