[aklug] tar -X directory listing syntax

From: Tim Johnson <tim@akwebsoft.com>
Date: Fri Dec 06 2013 - 14:30:58 AKST

Hi :

I'm feeding options to tar via drush, which is a command-line
utility for drupal. Tar code which works standalone with certain
options such as -X (which use an input file) doesn't work correctly.

The directory in questions has dozens of subdirectories on which I
want only 7 plus all files at the root.

I want to try using the tar `include' option which would do the
following

1)tar the following _subdirectories_ and everything subsequent
(below)

includes, misc, modules, profiles, scripts, sites, themes

those need to be explicit names, not patterns. I don't want tar to
pick up something like `myprofiles' or `perl_scripts'.

2)tar all _files_ in the root of the target directory

Any working ideas welcome. Remember input files such as used for -T
and -X don't seem to work.

I think that `exclude' would work also, but I'm concerned about
drush munging a really long series of options.

TIA

--
Tim