[aklug] semi-OT: October 1993 Simtel CD-ROM?

From: Royce Williams <royce@tycho.org>
Date: Fri Dec 06 2013 - 06:12:16 AKST

For what is likely a very good FOSS cause ... if, on by extreme
chance, you happen to have the *physical* CD of the October 1993
Simtel Archive CD-ROM, please contact me off-list.

Reason: https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/407617668712521728

That Twitter thread has photos of the cover, which I have, but do not
have the CD. Ten years ago, my primary CD wallet was stolen from a
major ACS wire center, most likely by a then-current employee (because
it was an area with badged access, and there were no contractors
working that week). That wallet contained, among other things, my
only actual physical copy of this CD.

To whoever took it ... if you still have it, I sure could use it back. :-)

And a word to the wise: if you carry a unique CD, burn a copy and
carry that, and archive the original somewhere safe. Learn from my
bad example. :-)

Royce