[aklug] Re: live cd webserver?

From: Jon Bradley <weatchu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Nov 23 2013 - 14:16:15 AKST

Well, just a thought, I run slackware, so 14.1 just came out which is great
for everybody.. Anyway, its always been, and it still is, 16 gigs is enough
with space left over to setup a web dev or any most dev environment..

So here's my df, on my netbook, which has 60 gig ssd.

~$ df -h
/dev/sda2 547M 270M 238M 54% /
/dev/sda3 2.4G 758M 1.5G 34% /var
/dev/sda5 24G 6.7G 16G 30% /usr
/dev/sda6 27G 12G 14G 46% /home
tmpfs 490M 976K 489M 1% /dev/shm

Its a used system, so I'm done putting stuff on it, and var is already been
tested, meaning, it can fill up for maybe some databases or big compiles of
other peoples stuff, but I just throw it up on a NAS or on another usb
drive. If you look only using around 7728 megs for the entire system....
all non static files included.

(\ /)
( . .) Jon's website is here:
c(")(") http://www.securityrabbit.com