[aklug] Re: Why Watching DVDs on Linux is Illegal in the USA

From: Greg Schmitz <greg@amipa.org>
Date: Tue Oct 22 2013 - 22:01:01 AKDT

Also, I would suggest listening to Bob McChesney's conversation with
Lewis Hyde about intellectual property (patents are at issue too).
Hyde's book COMMON AS AIR is a pretty good read. Neither Hyde's book or
McChesney's interview will clear up legal issues regarding copyright,
but I suspect it might help some with the political issues regarding
"the commons."

Bob McChesney, Media Matters: Professor Lewis Hyde, author of the book
Common as Air
http://will.illinois.edu/mediamatters/program/october-10th-2010

--greg schmitz