[aklug] Re: SSL "health" in Alaska (was: ACS Google Gateway)

From: Shane Spencer <shane@bogomip.com>
Date: Sun Oct 13 2013 - 19:20:37 AKDT

LOL.. OK I fired and forgot the google email.. I like the responses so far.

As for SSL health on high latency networks or networks where SSL
interception may happen (as provided by services) I often find myself using
NGINX as an SSL forwarder to cloud instances I use. I often do this so
that I have an HTTP bridge to HTTPS services when doing work.. but I also
use it when my web programming efforts rely on SSL interaction
(authentication, api access to external services) so that there is a shared
SSL session cache for my frontend processing nodes to use.

At times I've found that doing this for an entire company is very
worthwhile.. especially up here. I have a difficult time maintaining a
fast SSL from up here on the top of the world.

Anyways.. awesome comments you all.

- Shane